Items you can put in a dumpster
- Non-toxic materials – This includes household items, such as furniture and tables. Ordinary trash with the exception of food items can also be dumped in a container. Toys and home decorations are permitted as well.
- Construction materials – This includes items that are not hazardous, such as shingles, drywall, concrete and brick. Any debris from in-home renovations or room remodels can also be tossed into a dumpster. Siding jobs leave quite a bit of debris, all of which can be piled into a dumpster.
- Green waste – This applies to debris that piles up during yardwork or landscaping projects.
- Recyclables – This extends to plastic and paper products as well as scrap metal. Even though trashing it is aloud, we always recommended to recycle when possible.
Items You Cannot Put in a Dumpster
- Electronics – This includes televisions, computers, radios and other similar items. Many states disallow the dumping of electronics in landfills and North Carolina belongs to that select group.
- Paints and chemicals – Many garage cleanouts produce a good amount of paints and solvents, although they are a potential danger to water resources which makes them prohibited in dumpsters.
- Flammables – Any type of liquid or aerosols that are flammable are not permitted inside a dumpster. Fireworks and propane tanks also fall into this category, as does any other type of explosives.
- Automotive items – Fluids used in automobiles and car batteries are both unacceptable items. Tires are prohibited in most instances, although some dumpster rental services will ask for an extra fee when it comes to the disposal of tires.
- Asbestos – Any roofing or insulation that contains asbestos is prohibited in a dumpster. These can be harmful to the environment as several restrictions have been placed on the use of asbestos in the modern era.
- Hazardous waste – Anything that could be deemed hazardous, such as antifreeze, oils, and contaminated soils are all prohibited.
Charlotte Dumpster Service helps customers know exactly what can and cannot be dumped as part of their waste management plan. Choosing the best dumpster rental Charlotte has to offer has never been easier as Charlotte Dumpster Service can accommodate all types of projects for all types of people.